Phi Tau Omega National Philanthropic Sorority
Formed in 1925 by eight women, Phi Tau Omega became a national social and philanthropic sorority. With chapters in five different states, Phi Tau Omega's generosity reaches numerous communities.
National philanthropics include Box Tops & Soup Labels for Education, Ronald McDonald House and Coupons for Troops. Each chapter selects local philanthropic endeavors to benefit by volunteer hours as well as monetary donations.
With an active membership of over 270 women, Phi Tau Omega is always looking for women who share our passion for friendship and philanthropy. For more information about our sorority, please click here.
National Platform - Cancer Awareness
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. The damaged cells can invade surrounding tissue, but with early detection and treatment, most people continue a normal life.
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
Convention 2015 - Life is Better in PINK
June 12 - 13 - 14
Des Moines Marriott Downtown
700 Grand Avenue Des Moines IA 50309
Room reservations can made anytime using this link or by calling
1-800-228-9290 or 515-245-5500 . I found out today from the hotel that every room has a small refrigerator and 80% of our room block will be two bed rooms. So make your reservations early.
If you book online, please ignore the parking charges shown on the left. We have contracted a lower parking charge. The registration packets will include more information on parking at the hotel, as well as alternative and less expensive downtown parking. I will be mailing out the registration packets by March 15.
Phi Tau Omega Recruitment Poster
Click here to download the recruitment poster.
(You will need Adobe Reader)