Phi Tau Omega

Formed in 1925 by eight women, Phi Tau Omega became a national social and philanthropic sorority. With chapters in five different states, Phi Tau Omega’s generosity reaches numerous communities.

National Philanthropics include Box Tops for Education, Kellogg’s Family Rewards for Education and card fronts. Each year, the National President selects a Philanthropic Platform that all chapters are encouraged to work to benefit. In addition, each chapter selects local philanthropic endeavors to benefit by volunteer hours as well as monetary donations.

With an active membership of over 240 women, Phi Tau Omega is always looking for women who share our passion for friendship and philanthropy. For more information about our sorority, please contact us at ptosorority@gmail.com.


National Platform -Invisible Illnesses Becoming Visible

 

Invisible Illness or Disability is an umbrella term that captures a whole spectrum of hidden disabilities or challenges that are primarily neurological in nature.

Invisible Disabilities are certain kinds of disabilities that are not immediately apparent to others. It is estimated that 10% of people in the U.S. have a medical condition which could be considered a type of invisible disability. 96% of people with chronic medical conditions live with a condition that is invisible. These people do not use a cane or any assistive device and act as if they didn’t have a medical condition. About 25% of them have some type of activity limitation, ranging from mild to severe; the remaining 75% are not disabled by their chronic conditions. Although the disability creates a challenge for the person who has it, the reality of the disability can be difficult for others to recognize or acknowledge. Others may not understand the cause of the problem if they cannot see evidence of it in a visible way.

InvisibleĀ Illnesses include, but are not limited to: Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Mental Illness, Diabetes, Digestive Disorders, Migraines, Heart Conditions, Infertility, Lupus and Lyme Disease.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*